Sunday January 31st
Breakfast: Overnight Oats, with sliced bananas, organic blueberries, and walnuts.
- 1 cup of "milk" (see below for recipe)
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- 3 tbsp of almond meal (I use the left over almond meal from making almond milk)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Lunch: Salad: organic lettuce, carrots, cucumber, organic red bell pepper, diced avocado, and raw almonds. Dressed with lemon vinaigrette (Deliciously Vegan and Now Gluten Free page 48) omit dijion mustard.
Dinner: Lentil Soup (Deliciously Vegan and Now Gluten Free page 57). I added some fresh diced tomatoes in the crock pot at the same time as the lentils.
Snacks: Organic apple slices with cashew butter
Monday February 1st
Breakfast: Smoothie: 1 cup of "milk", 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries, big handful of organic spinach, 2 tbsp almond butter
Lunch: Left over Lentil Soup
Dinner: Black Bean Burrito (DVANGF page 91), omit the hot sauce, add 1/4-1/2 tsp of red chili flakes. Use brown rice in place of tortillas
Snack: Organic air popped pop corn with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and salt
Tuesday February 2nd
Breakfast: Smoothie: 1 cup of "milk", 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries, big handful of organic spinach, 2 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch: Left over Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Dinner: Lettuce Wraps (DVANGF page 21). Omit tofu, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and chili garlic paste. Add 1 clove of mince garlic, 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp of raw local honey, and 1 tsp cold pressed sesame oil to the sauce. Use organic edamame in place of the tofu.
Snack: Organic celery with almond butter
Wednesday February 3rd
Breakfast: Smoothie: 1 cup of "milk", 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries, big handful of organic spinach, 2 tbsp cashew butter
Lunch: Salad: organic lettuce, carrots, cucumber, organic red bell pepper, diced avocado, raw almonds. Dressed with Lemon Vinaigrette (DVANGF page 48 ), omit dijion mustard.
Dinner: Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Veggies (DVANGF page 102). I used zucchini, green beans, carrots and organic red pepper in place of broccoli and cauliflower. I also added 1 cup of cooked white beans
Snack: Pear slices and some walnuts
Thursday February 4th
Breakfast: Overnight Oats with organic strawberries and walnuts. Use the same recipe from above, use strawberries in place of the bananas and blueberries.
Lunch: Left over Spaghetti Squash and Veggies
Dinner: Roasted Veggies (DVANGF page 103), the last 5 minutes I added 1/2 cup of pine nuts to the roasted pan.
Snack: Organic air popped pop corn with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and salt.
Friday February 5th
Breakfast: Smoothie: 1 cup of "milk", 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries, big handful of organic spinach, 2 tbsp peanut butter and 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
Lunch: Left over Roasted Veggies
Dinner: Caramelized Onion Risotto (DVANGF page 109) with peas. I add 1 cup of frozen peas during the last minute of cooking. Serve with a Veggie Burger (see recipe below), that I top with sliced avocado and a little of the Lemon Vinaigrette (DVANGF page 48 ).
Snack: Organic apple with cashew butter
Saturday February 6th
Breakfast: Smoothie: 1 cup of "milk", 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries, big handful of organic spinach, 2 tbsp cashew butter
Lunch: Any left overs from earlier this week.
Dinner: Tofu Stir Fry (DVANGF page 82), omit the tofu, chili garlic paste, tamari and mirin. Use 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger, juice of 1/2 a lime, edamame, 1 small fresno or jalepeno finely chopped, 2 tbsp coconut aminos.
Snack: Pear slices with walnuts and cashews
- 1 cup organic raw almonds (can substitute cashews or walnuts)
- 3 cups water to soak the nuts
- 5 cups water to make the milk
Cover nuts with water and soak overnight in the fridge. Drain the nuts, place in high power blender and add 5 cups of water and blend for 3-4 minutes. Strain through cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer(save the left over ground nuts, spread on a baking sheet and dry over night, store in air tight container). Place in air tight container in the fridge.
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked beans (garbanzo, black or white beans)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (add steel cut oats to a food processor or high powered blender and process until flour consistency)
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 2/3 cup left over nut meal from Almond Milk recipe
- 3 tbsp ground chia seeds mixed with ½ cup of water, set aside for 5 minutes before adding to mixture
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp thyme
- tsp basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients well and form into patties. These freeze very well.
Makes 6 veggie burgers
Meal Prep Schedule
- Grocery shopping
- Soak beans for Veggie Burgers, Black Bean Burrito Bowls, and Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Veggies
- Soak nuts for Almond milk
- Make Overnight Oats
- Make Stock (DVANGF page 50) for Lentil Soup
- Make Veggie Burgers, freeze the veggie burgers you will not use this week
- Make Lentil Soup
- Make Almond milk
- Cook black beans and white beans
- Make salad for Monday's lunch
- Make Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- Make Lettuce Wraps
- Make Salad for Wednesday's lunch
- Soak nuts for Almond milk
- Make Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Veggies
- Make Overnight Oats
- Make Almond Milk
- Make Roast Veggies
- Make Risotto