Are you a new mom in need of a little lactation boost? There are many foods that can increase milk production and there are many creative ways to utilize them, such as lactation cookies and smoothies. I have been making lactation cookies for my new mom friends and family for the past several years, trying to make them as healthy as possible. This July, my beautiful niece was born and I sent my sister-in-law this gluten free, dairy free, natural sugar recipe and they were a hit. Try them out and feel free to add any additions and let me know how they turn out!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Chocolate chip, Peanut butter Lactation Cookies:
- 1 ½ cups flour: ½ cup coconut flour, ½ cup all purpose gluten free flour and ½ cup of oat flour (place steel cut oats in a blender and pulse until flour consistency)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 TBS flax seed meal
- 3 TBS water
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 TBS Brewer’s yeast (do not substitute this ingredient for another type of yeast, you can find this in the supplement section of your favorite natural grocers)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 2 TBS Peanut butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar and coconut nectar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and the water, set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, brewer’s yeast, sea salt to the coconut oil/sugar mixture.
- Stir in the peanut butter, flaxseed mixture, oats and chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 min.